Session Start: 3:30pm
Event Concludes: 5:00pm
Effectively managing drug & alcohol in the workplace
This forum will provide attendees:
• an insight into contemporary workplace drug trends
• explanation of the drug classes and how they are administered
• the differences and risk of impairment each drug class presents to the company
• best practice in structuring D&A policy to suits the needs of a company
• the benefits of open communication with employees & unions
• the benefits of management & employee training in relation to D&A policy
• the various D&A testing alternatives available to a company and its managers
• why some types of testing are more practical and effective
• the importance of managing employee testing in line with the policy
• the dangers of not having a robust policy and/or not following the policy
The forum will be interactive as participants are encouraged to present questions in relation to case law & emerging drug trends. Attendees will gain an insight into the importance of proactively addressing D&A matters in the workplace and the risks of being unprepared when workplace incidents related to drugs & alcohol occur.
Attendees will leave the forum with enough insight to question the strength of their companies approach to drug and alcohol matters and have confidence in reaching out for support in these matters.
Those in attendance will include HR & IR professionals, company directors, business owners, managers and persons accountable for a company’s HR & WHS matters.
Speaker: Kirk Hardy, Founder & CEO, The Drug Detection Agency
Kirk is a former New Zealand Police Drug Squad Detective and was involved in investigating national and international drug syndicates and targeting organised crime.
Kirk left the Police in early 2005 to set up The Drug Detection Agency (TDDA) as the first on-site drug testing provider in New Zealand. Within 5 years TDDA became the market leader in New Zealand for drug and alcohol testing, education service and property methamphetamine screening. In February 2011 Kirk established TDDA in Australia.
TDDA has 40 franchised territories operating under the brand throughout Australia and New Zealand.
Kirk presents at international conferences as an expert on drug and alcohol use in the South Pacific and the ever-developing drug market. He was a Board member of Drug and Alcohol Testing Industry Association and has since been appointed a Board Member of U.S based National Drug and Alcohol Screening Association, chairing the International committee.
This forum is open for AHRI members and non-members to attend. Registration is a 2-part process.
Sign in with your username and password* and click ‘REGISTER MYSELF’
To finalise your registration, click ‘PROCEED TO CHECKOUT’, confirm all details are correct and enter your credit card details. Click ‘SUBMIT ORDER’
You will receive an automatic email and receipt to confirm your registration.
*If you do not have an existing AHRI account, please select ‘create a new account’ and follow the prompts before following the registration steps above.
Registration closes Friday 15 March 2019
Enquiries: email the AHRI CPD Events Team or phone 03 9918 9243
Online help: Please see the AHRI CPD Events FAQs